Daily Archives: July 7, 2011
I thought you might enjoy this. Never saw it put quite this way, but in this technical age maybe some will take notice.
My “This day’s Thought” e-mail was this:
If a man carries his cross beautifully and makes it radiant with glory of a meek and gentle spirit, the time will come when the things that now disturb will be the events for which he will most of all give gratitude to God.
“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”
How appropriate for all that I am going through right now! God is so gracious!! He speaks through others to give us a Word where and when we need it! I almost cried with I read this.
And along with that, I was left a comment with a YouTube video on it that did make me cry but they were good tears. Paulette is a new reader, along with her friend Pat who referred her to my site, and God sent them both here to befriend and uplift me! I needed their friendship and words of encouragement desperately. Thank you dear ladies!! You are both gifts to me from Him! I pray that He will bless you as richly as He has me!
I thought I would share this with you because I know there are others out there that probably could benefit from this as much as I did. I love you all and cherish you greatly.
Always remember that Jesus died for us because He loves us!
With a heart of gratitude,
When it’s God Who heals
the doctor takes the fee
and His ‘thunder” steals
like He is his enemy
But the whole truth is
his job he couldn’t do
without the help that’s His
he wouldn’t have a clue
They all take His credit
as if it were their own
and from their speech do edit
the miracle they have kown
“Cause there is much to lose
if they admit He’s there
and we need only choose
to place it in His care
Just remember what I’ve said
when to the doctor you go
what they put in your head
doesn’t mean they really know
God’s the One Who heals you
regardless of what they say
He tells them what to do
in each and every way!
Teresa Marie 7/6/11
You guessed it, another great one from mom! I would have never thought of most of these things, would you?
*** Better than paper towels and a lot less expensive *****
Coffee filters …. Who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing – even the large ones.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliquéing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stockand to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
20. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
21. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book..
22. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
23. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
24. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies.. Saves on having extra bowls.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
- Some Creative Gardening Techniques, by Kristi N. (survivalblog.com)