Daily Archives: April 12, 2012
We have some things to celebrate today!
1) Dad was released from the hospital again yesterday. Mom took him home but said that he is very weak because he has lost so much weight from the liquid diet he’s been on. The clamps are still holding, praise God, and he is now eating solid food. His mind is still a mess but we are praying that is only a temporary state.
I told her to be sure and watch his stools and appetite closely and if she sees any change, get him back to the hospital right away. I am believing that he will be coming home soon!
2) Mark’s dad was released from the hospital yesterday evening. I’m not sure how I feel about that since they did not determine what had caused the extreme pain he was in and his whole experience with the doctors at that particular hospital was less than encouraging. Should it re-occur, I will suggest they go to the Sister’s of Franciscan Catholic Hospital next time!
3) Penny is doing much better. I had a long conversation with her yesterday, during which we both became tearful. As the discussion progressed from how close she came to dying to what the doctors had told her down at Methodist, I was enraged. I am NOT a person who is suit crazy but told her that she MUST taken action against this doctor up here so that he does not do this to someone else and that she is not responsible to pay for all of these surgeries, hospital bills, and future care that will be required.
The first bypass she had almost 2 months ago was a disaster. The doctor left all kinds of pieces of plastic in her groin. That is what caused the sepsis! And the fact that they never caught it up here with the second surgery is appalling!! Penny is now looking at having to go to a rehab facility for a couple of weeks and then in-home nursing care for a while after that; she has a vacuum pump that she will have to wear for approximately 6 months to suck out the infection; she will be on an IV drip of antibiotics for 6 months and then orally for another 6 months or more until they are 100% sure that all infection is gone from her body.
She is still in a lot of pain from all the incisions on her body but we hope and pray that this is the last time she will have to endure any of this!!!!
I am anxious for her to be home as well as my dad. They only live about 8 blocks from each other, thankfully, and I will be able to check in on them both regularly.
4) My eldest daughter has had a complete turn around in all her trials right now and things are looking up. She was out here with me for most of the day yesterday. We got her online to put in some job applications. Hoping and praying that she will get one of them and have a regular 8-5 job and paycheck to better be able to budget her life while caring for her two children. I am happy to say that she and her ex-husband work well together for the benefit of the kids and pray that it continues.
5) Next is my son’s turn. He and I will be getting together today or tomorrow to talk about how to get his life back on track and find him a good job too so that he can support himself and his son.
I don’t mean to sound like a broken record again, but I do want to be sure to thank you all for the support and prayers that you have been offering up for me, my family and friends!! The power of prayer is evident in this post. Though I know it from personal experience myself, I want you too know it too!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
All praise, glory and honor be His forever and ever! Amen
Love and blessings to all,