Sara’s son Sebastian is such a treasure for us! Though it was not in our plans to be “parents” again at our age, it seems to have been a blessing in disguise, no big surprise to God I’m sure since His plans always work to our good!!
Sara’s postpartum depression “baby blues” have totally thrown her for a loop. I feel so bad for her! She said they seem to have hyper-intensified every other problems she already had but was trying to avoid having to deal with, like panic attacks, mood swings, etc. and not to mention damage of her abuse.
We have her set up with counseling until she is 18 and then she will move to the Behavioral Science Dept. at the hospital as an out-patient. I pray they can help her overcome the past and give her hope for a happy & healthy future.
We have talked about & agreed on Mark and I taking custody of Sebastian until she gets it together enough to feel capable of raising him on her own. That will ensure his position in the family should anyone try to say that Sara’s is incapable of caring for him. Always have to cover your butt legally these days you know!
Blaine’s family are growing like weeds! The twins are 1&1/2 now.
As well as Shawna’s.
Mark’s dad’s chemo is going well. The small spot on his brain is gone and the rest have not grown. Your prayers are helping, thank you so very much!!
I still have my days where I cry about missing Penny. Especially when I’m stressed out and need to vent or have a sounding board. I know she’s happy in heaven but it still hurts.
Mom and dad are still plugging away in Florida still and probably won’t come home until some time in April.
Just wanted to drop you a line and catch you a more up to date!!
Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we keep you in ours.
God’s peace and blessings upon you and your’s all,
Hi everyone! My hand is healing slowly and it still is hard to type but I thought I had better jump on here and let you know that I am alive, lol.. I’ve been doing well with my sales at the local hand made shop, yippee! I even had a commission for a candle holder to encase the large sized Yankee candle order and she was so thrilled with it that she promised to be back for more. Lucky me, I have recently had the pleasure of shingles for the second time 😦
Please say a prayer for my eldest brother, Kevin, the one with cancer. He has been in the hospital for a week now. He went in with pneumonia, original diagnosis, but now they can’t figure out why he is so sick.
I have some new pic’s of the grandkids and the latest masterpieces I’ve created, also a few that are still not quite finished. I’m most proud of my owls, my new style of dragons and the one for Sara to give her boyfriend for his birthday.. 🙂 Much love and many blessings to you all!! Terri
I had surgery on my hand a week and a half ago, so typing isn’t very easy right now. I had “trigger finger” in my thumb and it was causing me all kinds of problems but the surgeon said that he has never had anyone come back a second time after having this procedure done.
I was also on one of my MS sleeping jags again too. Last week, I believe, I averaged being awake for maybe a total of 4 hours each day 😦 I’m hoping that’s coming to an end, although I have been fighting to stay awake several times today.
I know, through the grapevine, that my brother finished up with all of his chemo for now. Praying it worked.
Dad and mom have been back from Florida for about a month now, both are doing good.
Mark had a new ultra-sound done and it showed some improvement in the inflammation of his heart. We figured that was probably due majorly to his now working. Mom said that will make him harder than ever to control and I agreed. I catch him doing things that he shouldn’t be often and have to remind him that he can’t do anything he wants to anymore. Today I had a can-nip fit about him carrying a TV in from the Jeep. He was pretty winded when he was done and I think he realized I was right 😉
The twins are both well over 7 lbs. each now and doing great!
Looking forward to my other two babies (Emily and Christopher) coming over to spend some time with grandma and papaw in the next couple of weeks. Emily was on the A Honor Roll last semester!!! I was so proud of her.
Once there had been three
grandchildren to me
But now, man alive
the three became five!
On April 25th, my son and his wife had twins!! A boy, Hayden Ray, and a girl, Lillian Jo. Both are healthy (over 5.5 lbs each), although Lilly Jo was breach and broke her collarbone on the way out 😦 but is now moving her arm like nothing ever happened. After all of the depressing news we’ve had over the last 6-9 months, this is a much needed breath of fresh air. Here are some picture collages I made of our darling beauties!
WRITTEN BY A COP: Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life. In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation… This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, & everyone you know. After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you… Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy.. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR , LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE..
If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage: A.) Be aware:look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor , and in the back seat. B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars. C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.. The police told her ‘Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door..’ The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, ‘We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’ He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby.. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors! Please pass this on This e-mail should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby Theory was mentioned on America ‘s Most Wanted when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana
I’d like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it’s better to be safe than sorry.. Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life.