I want to thank Terry for nominating me for this award. You can find her at http://terry1954.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/the-ten-commandments-award.
Terry has become a good friend to me since she started following my blog. Please take a moment to stop by and visit her. She is a wonderful writer, a caregiver to her brother who has Parkinson’s, and an inspiration to all.
The Ten Commandments are from GOD, and are the standards to which we are to hold ourselves. The 10 commands can easily be grouped into two groups — love for God and love for others. These commandments where given to Moses and the Children of Israel in the wilderness after their escape from slavery in Egypt.
Can you imagine how much better our world would be IF all people lived and followed these commandments?
Ten Commandments from the Bible
Exodus 20:3-17. :
1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2. You shall not make unto thee any graven image.
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not bear false witness.
10. You shall not covet.
RULES: The rules for this award are that you must answer the following ten questions and nominate ten blogs that you think deserve the award.
1. Describe yourself in seven words.– mother hen, loving, silly, lighthearted, serious minded when needed, gentle, leprechaun.
2. What keeps you up at night?- not much – I sleep pretty soundly
3. Whom would you like to be? – I would not change a thing. I am me!
4. What are you wearing now? – a sports bra and shorts (it’s hot in here)
5. What scares you? – losing my parents
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? – I love all of the wonder people that I have “met” through blogging and I hate letting people down when I’m sick and don’t respond to their comments.
7. What was the last website you looked at? – Terry’s blog for this award.
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? – As I said earlier, not a thing.
9. Slankets, yes or no? – Since I don’t know what that is, I’ll say no.
10. Tell us something about the person who nominated you. – I find Terry to be a warm hearted and caring individual who selflessly took on the task of caring for her brother after he became I’ll. She is a good friend to me and a true inspiration, as well as a testimony to the strength of love.
Bonus Question: What is your testimony for Jesus Christ? – Well, most of you already know my story and for those who don’t, I’ll put it in a short synopsis: I have survived; MS, physical/emotional/mental abuse, I am a recovered alcoholic (I can say recovered because it’s been over 20 years now) and a recovering drug addict (meth, cocaine and crack – not long enough yet for me to say “recovered”). God has brought me through it all, even when I purposely ignored Him and thought my life was worthless, He stood right beside me every step of the way. If you’d like more than that, check out my “About Me” page for the details.
Okay, now for my nominations to pass this award on to. In light of the type of award this is, I chose some people that I think of as “people of faith” and who would appreciate this award as much as I did.
1- PrayerPoints by liz
2- Jackie Paulson
7- Maria Tatham
8- Autumn Sunshine
10- Eric Alagan
That should do it! Thanks again Terry for thinking of me for this one!