After an extended illness, Mark lost his maternal Aunt on Sunday. My condolences are in this poem! God bless her soul.
Well, this just doesn’t seem to be our year :(, not only have I been sick most of the Winter, we had: dad in intensive care twice; Penny with the three bypass surgeries, in intensive care once, almost losing both of them ; Mark’s dad admitted to the hospital once; my aunt in Florida died; the whole court thing with Sara that still is final until we go back in June; Sara being bullied at school; Shawna’s near nervous breakdown; and our terriers running off. Now:
A week ago Monday, Mark’s dad received a call from one brother in Florida to tell him their other brother down there passed away. This past Monday he received a call from his Nephew saying that they had found his sister had passed. And he has another brother that they have been expecting to go any day now!
I had called Al the first Monday and talked with him for a little while and, even though they knew it would be coming probably sometime this year, they didn’t expect him to pass on before the one that’s still here, and he was quite saddened.
I didn’t find out about his sister until late Monday night ’cause Mark forgot to tell me, so I called Al on Tuesday and the first thing he said to me was, “I don’t think I want to see another Monday came, EVER! I told him how very sorry I was and we chatted for a few more minutes.
Then Mark comes home from his doctor appointment last evening to inform me that he has to go get an MRI done on his back. He just was referred to a Pain Management Specialist for the pain he has in there from his arthritis.
SOME GOOD NEWS though:
Penny is doing much better. She went in on Monday and had her skin graphs on her leg done but the doctor said he couldn’t get the ones for her groin to take. I don’t know what will happen with that but they can’t leave her with a hole there either. She now has to go to a Pain Mngt. Spec. too for her newly developed fibromyalgia. Still, all in all, she is doing better and happy to be home.
Mom and dad got back from Florida on Sunday evening, hallelujah!! Dad seems to be feeling pretty good. I haven’t got to go over there yet ’cause I’m still not feeling very good and don’t want to expose him to anything.
Well, I think that about covers it for now! Please say a prayer for Al in his time of grief. Thanks everybody!!
Love and hugs,
*image source: google.com/images
Well, it’s been a while since I gave you a status report. So here goes with the latest new from my household;
1) As you have probably noticed already, I am starting to feel better. My prayer is to stay that way this time and not relapse back into this virus again. Of course, I have now traded for allergies flaring up but I already knew this was going to be a bad season for those with the high pollen counts in our area. I’d rather deal with that than the gut wrenching pain I was in last week!!
2) I talked to mom on Sunday and they are planning on leaving to come home on Saturday. Dad’s doctor appointment is on Friday and barring any unforeseen travel concerns from him, they are more than ready to be back. Dad said last week when I talked to him that if the doctor said to wait longer, he was going to tell him “See ya next year doc!”, lol. That’s my dad.
Seriously, if he was not feeling as good as he is now, he wouldn’t chance it but he’s been doing great since they put the clamps on his ulcer!
3) Penny has been home for 2 or 3 weeks now and doing well. She had to make an appointment to go see a pain management specialist about her foot. The more those nerves are waking up, the worse it hurts her. They didn’t cut her there so we can only surmise that it is from the lack of blood circulation to it that has caused the damage there.
She will go back to Indy on Friday to have some skin graphs done on one of her legs and will be laid up for about a week but her son will come back to stay with her again while she recuperate. All in all the doctor said her wounds are healing very well considering all the infection that was in there.
She also talked to an attorney about this whole mess and what could be done to make sure that other doctor is held responsible for what he did to her.
4) Sara is doing pretty good. Her grades are coming up and she seems in great spirits now that she has a “boyfriend”. I’m not though!!! lol, just kidding. He seems to be a nice enough kid and so we’ll see what happens.
I made her an appointment to start getting some counseling too. Long overdue but I kept forgetting ’cause I was sick. My bad. If her overall demeanor were not so good, I would have taken appropriate action but there has been no “emergency” to it. Even if the court had not ordered it, I would have gotten her in to someone anyway to help her heal some of the scars that she has.
5) Shawna is doing much better now. She has a new job that she is learning and I think she will love it after the initial nervousness wears off.
Okay, I think that should cover everything except for one new development, Mark’s Uncle passed away on Monday (on his father’s side) and one of their other brothers is not doing well either. Please say a prayer for them in their time of grief.
And, as always, thank you, my friends, for all your thoughts and prayers offered for each of these concerns over the last few months!! You are a blessing to me and mine!!!
Love and hugs,
Thirdly, after seeing all of the comments that have been left in my absence, I began to stress out over how many there were to reply to. After a few minutes of arguing with myself about it, I decided that it was something that, although I’ve not ever done this before, I needed to not worry about. Therefore, if you have left a response for me in the last few days that has not been replied to, it probably won’t be for just this once, I promise to avoiding repeating this decision but I just don’t feel up to weeding my way through the over 60 comments that have been left over the last week. I’m sorry, it doesn’t mean that I have not read them nor that I don’t appreciate them all!! Please forgive me!
While I am feeling well enough to sit up for a short period of time, I was going to try to do a few posts. God bless you all!!
Love and hugs,