*image source: google.com/images
Okay, I know this is tooting my own horn but I just couldn’t help it!
As of today:
I have surpassed 375,000 hits
I have also surpassed 2,300 posts
Between all of my sites that I’m linked into; including those not counted in my followers by WordPress; I have just hit the 800 total followers mark!
I am absolutely thrilled and would like to thank each and every one of you for making this possible for me!!!!
When I first started this blog a little over a year ago, I never dreamed that I would have this much success with it. But, I told God that I was doing it for His glory and if He found it pleasing, He would bless it. I think He has!!!
God bless you all too!
love and hugs,
Okay, this is a new one for me and also not ever seen before!
I want to thank Laura at http://serendipityplus.wordpress.com for nominating me!
If you’ve not visited her blog before, I highly recommend that you do! Believe me when I say that you’ll enjoy yourself there :)
Now, getting to the rules of this award:
I am to tell you seven things that you don’t know about me but I’m having some problems with this one. Since I’m pretty much a blabber-mouth about myself and my past, how do I come up with something that you don’t already know?
1) I acquired this particular liking from my first husband; bacon and jelly sandwiches.
2) This particular one came from my dad; tomato sandwiches and Vidalia onion sandwiches.
3) When I was pregnant with my son, my cravings were for either Mexican or Chinese food.
4) When I was in High School, my favorite after-school snack was a chocolate milk shake and pretzels.
5) Many years ago (about 25 of them) and before the M.S., when I could still read books, I belonged to three separate book clubs at the same time and would average at least one book a week read. Most of those that I would read were 750+ pages.
6) My mother had 12 kids in her family and my father had 7.
7) I live in the same place I was born in (about 25 miles from my parent’s house where I grew up).
Now I have to nominate some people, it didn’t say how many but I agree with Laura that, considering the name of the award, they should be females. So here goes:
1) My cyber-daughter Abi @ http://chicpress.wordpress.com
2) My friend Terry @ http://terry1954.wordpress.com
3) My friend Soma @ http://somkritya.wordpress.com
4) My friend Len @ http://myownheart.me
5) My friend Izzy @ http://insidethemindofisadora.wordpress.com
6) My friend Becca @ http://beccagivens.wordpress.com
7) My friend Maria @ http://christianfantasyforwomen.com
And that is just scratching the surface, this list could go on for pages with names of the many wonderful and talented women that I have met here in the cyber-world!! Please take a moment to visit them and see for yourself!
Thanks again Laura!!
Hugs and blessings to all,
*image source: google.com/images
(*1) SPAM FOLDER: Those of you who are regular visitors already know this and those of you who are new will find out in good time, I try extremely hard to make sure I respond to every comment that I receive (whether on my own blog or a reply from yours that requires a response back).
I have just found out within the last week or so that a lot of items have been inadvertently put in my spam folder here and on my e-mail account. I discovered this purely by accident and have no idea how long it has been going on.
Quite a while back, I started receiving an inordinate amount of spam in both places. After many days and much wasted time going through them all, I decided to regularly delete large quantities spam received in a day without viewing them.
Therefore, if you have left a comment or replied to a comment that I made on your blog and asked me a question back or something and I did not respond to you, my deepest apologies!! IT WAS NEVER INTENTIONAL ON MY PART!
I love the new button thingy WordPress installed on our toolbar so we can respond on the fly but it only holds 9 items at a time and I’m finding that is not nearly enough if I haven’t been on the internet for a few hours :( So I am now pretty certain that there are people who have been neglected. More than likely would be some of you newer followers because your comments must be approved at least once before they will automatically post here without administration.
*** Already had to come back and edit this post: Just checked my spam folder on my e-mail acc. and found things (posts, comments, replies) from my regular, long-time subscribers in there!! Don’t know what happened but I am more sure than ever some people have not heard back from me!!!! SORRY!
(*2) UPDATE ON DAD: I received an e-mail yesterday from mom and today talked to her and dad both: He is sleeping well; eating large portions at mealtimes; has gained 7 lbs. which puts him up to 144 total; he played 2 games of bid Euchre yesterday (which for those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s a complex card game with trump, high or low, etc.) and mom said he did very well; he worked almost the whole morning crossword puzzle and began reading again!!!! Hallelujah and praise God!!!
His next doctor appt. is on May 11th and we are hoping he will be able to come back home at that time. He sounded good and in great spirits today on the phone. THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!
(*3) UPDATE ON PENNY: Due to several problems Penny was having at the extended care facility in town; the doctors in Indy released her to go home as long as her son was staying with her full-time, a visiting nurse and physical therapist each could be arranged. That was accomplished on Friday one week ago and she is doing great!!!!!
It will be a long haul due to the sepsis and everything else but her mood and depression have improved tremendously since she’s been home.
Penny, her family and I all want to say; THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless and keep you in His care,
I was recently nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Beyond Words at: http://amazinglybeautifullife.wordpress.com. I wanted to say thank you so much and I am honored!
As per the rules of the award;
Say seven things about yourself,1) I have had M.S. for 7 years2) I am a Christian3) I have a wonderful husband, 3 lovely children and 3 even lovelier grandchildren4) I handcraft beaded jewelry5) I love to laugh and make people laugh6) I am proud of my Irish ancestors7) My husband calls me a leprechaun :)
Nominate 7 other equally inspirational bloggers & linkI’m sorry, but I have nominated so many people over the last year that I don’t know who I have or have not already given awards to. Therefore, to come up with 7 was rather difficult for my muddled brain. If you feel slighted, please don’t!!!
Thank you again!!
I had not received this one yet :) so thanks to Muhammad @ http://nizamhappieboyz.wordpress.com, that was very sweet of you to think of me for this award. I will add it to my page today!
Questions that came with the award:
- Favorite color: I love colors period but am partial the the Southwest colors of tan/turquoise/brown/rust/purple/peach
- Favorite animal: Dogs and Bearded Dragons (We have a Jack Russell Terrier named Jack, a Rat Terrier named Geezer, a Giant German dragon named Ozzie, a Sandfire dragon named Stubby – ’cause his half his tail was bitten off by another dragon before we got him – and just recently added a Red Sandfire dragon named Rosey)
- Favorite number: 7 and 11 (not because of betting but that is the number of years between my children :) )
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Vanilla Pepsi
- Prefer Facebook or Twitter: Don’t spend much time on either one more than the other, WordPress is my favorite site.
- My Passion: writing and making people laugh/smile
- Prefer getting or giving presents: Giving, but I don’t mind receiving them either :)
- Favorite Pattern: rainbow
- Favorite Day of the Week: Every day is a blessing
- Favorite Flower: Lilac
I would like to thank Celeste of Mortal hearts with immortal souls for nominating me for this award. Celeste is a dear soul and I am sure that you will benefit from visiting her blog.
Acceptance of this award includes the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. There is no limit to how many fellow bloggers you can nominate so go crazy
3. Share some things about you but alphabetically just a word or two about you starting with each alphabet. (Or alternatively, just write the first word you think of.)
D- dill pickles
J- jelly beans
Y- yellow submarine
and I nominate the following blogs that are well deserving of this award as well:
This list could go on and on, there are so many of you wonderful bloggers out there that I hold in high esteem. I tried this time to pick different people than the ones I’ve chosen before. Just wanted to try to spread it around a little.
Congratulation to all of you. If your blog is not on here, please – please take no offense! If I had more energy, I would have gone further but I’m still sick and don’t want to pressure myself into doing more :( than what I feel able to handle right now.
Love to all,
Oh my goodness, Zoey & Gabby, I almost forgot about this.
Please forgive me!
My two wonderful friends nominated me for this award
a couple of days ago and I completely spaced it out!!
Thank you so much to: http://autumnsunshineandgabrielleangel.wordpress.com/
I will have to put some thought into who
I will pass this one along to but I wanted to
first get this acknowledgement done and
send my thanks to my girls, you’re the best!
Sometime when you are sitting around and surfing the web for something to read, I’d like to give you a few suggestions of sites to check out:
Arjun writes a variety of things; poems, thoughts and stories. I’ve been following one of his suspense stories he started and it is very good!
Randall writes primarily poetry but takes on some controversial subject matter. I find his poems are excellent and thought provoking.
Kevin has become a dear friend of mine through the blogosphere. He writes some great poems too! Kevin gave me the honor of writing one for me :)
Charles is another cyber-friend. He writes a variety of things as well; poetry, daily inspiration/thoughts, true life stories. He inspires me and I love his wit.
Abi is my “adopted cyber-daughter” and has become very precious to me. She writes poetry and short stories. Very, very good and talented for her age.
Those are just a few to start with. I may try to do this as a weekly/monthly thing and give you a few to check out each time. I don’t want anyone to be offended if they don’t see their site listed here!! I have way too many to put them all in one post :) This was just a taste. Otherwise it would be way, way too long and people wouldn’t read it, lol!